This card started from the idea to make a computer. My other half’s son decided to build a computer for himself, and since we also contributed with parts for the birthday, I obviously wanted to create a suitable card to go along with it. I hope the “computer” is recognizable in the picture. I think it looks pretty simple, but I’ve used a lot of different materials there.
- The card base is a stronger A4 paper – I folded it into three so that the “screen” could stand with the support of the “keyboard”.
- The background picture is design paper from the Piatek Trzynastego “Beyond the sea”.
- Around the picture I built a frame from cardboard strips to fill it with beads and sequins for shaking.
- After filling the frame, I covered it with a transparent plastic rectangle. I have started collecting plastic packaging for shaker cards, but it is possible to buy acetate sheets for it.
- For the keyboard I managed to use an impulse purchase – I finally put my mosaic pieces to good use.
- Cricut helped me with the chrome elements – I cut the letters and frame out of self-adhesive vinyl.
I used to think that it is very hard to make cards for males, but recently I have had better ideas and results for men.